Director of Archives and Records Management
(July 10, 2021)
Position - Director of Archives and Records Management
Supervisor Title (All entry and mid-level position supervisors should be qualified, professional archivists.)- Deputy Chief Information Officer, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Position Type - Full-time, permanent
Benefits - Yes
Salary Range - $96,000 - $105,000
Mount Sinai IT
Director of Archives & Records Management
June 23, 2021
HR Title: Director of Archives & Records Management
Department: Academic Research and Informatics, IT
Group: Management and Professional
Term: Ongoing / Full time
Reporting to Deputy Chief Information Officer, the Director of The Arthur H. Aufses, Jr., MD Archives & Mount Sinai Records Management Program leads the classification and management of both physical and digital records within the Mount Sinai Health System and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, as well as the identification and preservation of institutional records of archival value. The Director of the Aufses Archives & Records Management programs supports a variety of mission critical initiatives including oversight of the management of all Mount Sinai records throughout their lifecycle, while directly supporting senior leadership and the broader institution by providing historical knowledge management. This role possesses a strong commitment to innovative access to the archival collection for business support, research and scholarly pursuits.
1. Identifies and establishes goals and objectives of the Archives and Records programs to support the missions of the Mount Sinai Health System and Icahn School of Medicine.
2. Provides a management role for assigned staff, leading various personnel activities, including performance evaluations, weekly staff meetings, and team development. Evaluates staff career development plans through periodic reviews and provides mentoring to improve staff effectiveness and skills.
3. Works with Records Manager to ensure the creation, management, scheduled retention, and appropriate disposition, including permanent retention of comprehensive, reliable, and authentic archival records.
4. Acquires, preserves, and maintains intellectual control over Mount Sinai’s historical records, regardless of format, using an online archival management system and ensure these tools adhere to archival and IT best practices for access and security. Provides reference services about Mount Sinai history to internal and outside researchers.
5. Manages archival records that are in an electronic format and develop a digital-forward archival strategy. Current state includes a web archiving component, as well as a back-end preservation system for electronic material.
6. Provides expertise and advice to the organization to maintain records compliance and promote efficiencies through the use of the Records Management and Archives programs, and champions the programs to senior management to heighten their awareness of information management as a key business function.
7. Plans and implements all outreach programs for the Aufses Archives as a foundation for teaching and discovery, including creating exhibitions, writing articles, blog and social media posts, and making presentations on Mount Sinai history.
8. Develops appropriate metrics and creates periodic reports related to the Archives and Records Management programs.
9. Maintains current knowledge of trends in archival management related to the preservation, access, organization and digitization of source materials, including metadata schemas, digital media processes, institutional repositories, and other open access initiatives.
10. Maintains current knowledge of trends in records and information management including but not limited to the role of technology in information creation, storage, access and disposition.
11. Participates in institutional events and committees as requested.
12. Plans for and manages the process for acquiring goods and services needed by the Records and Archives programs, including specialized software and hardware needs.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational and other requirements
To Apply: Please send Cover letter and resume to Thi.Trinh@mssm.edu