Archives Intern (Summer 2020)
(March 3, 2020)
Position Type - Paid Internship
Does this position satisfy requirements for course credits? - Yes
Hourly wage range - $18- $25
Supervisor Title (All student, intern, and volunteer position supervisors should be qualified, professional archivists.) - Director of Archives
JOB TITLE: Archives Intern
STATUS: Part-time, Temporary
LOCATION: Manhattan, New York
REPORTS TO: Director of Archives
The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation is seeking a current or recent MSLIS graduate student for an archives internship. The 12-week internship requires a minimum commitment of 2-3 days a week between May and August 2020. Exact start and finish dates are flexible. Interns will receive a $18/hour and academic credit is encouraged and supported.
Under supervision of the Director of Archives and Assistant Archivist, possible projects include:
* Assist with digitization of archival materials and metadata entry
* Create and/or update records in ArchivesSpace
* Create and expand research guides
* Assist with research appointments and other duties as assigned
* Current or recent Master of Science in Library and Information Science student with a specialization in archives
* Knowledge of basic archival principles
* Familiarity with ArchivesSpace or similar database desired
* Knowledge of Rauschenberg and modern art a plus
* Requires ability to sit, stand, speak and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time
* Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
How to Apply
If interested, please email a resume, cover letter, and two (2) references to email@example.com. Include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls.
Application deadline: Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Qualified applicants may be contacted, interviewed, and selected prior to deadline.
About the Foundation
The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation fosters the legacy of Rauschenberg’s life and work. The foundation supports artists, initiatives, and institutions that embody the same innovative, inclusive, and multidisciplinary approach that Rauschenberg exemplified in both his art and philanthropic endeavors. Learn more on our website: http://www.rauschenbergfoundation.org.