(February 12, 2022)
Position Title - Archive Intern
Supervisor Title (All student, intern, and volunteer position supervisors should be qualified, professional archivists.) - Archivist/Project Manager
Position Type - Paid Internship
Does this position satisfy requirements for course credits? - No
Hourly Wage Range - $18-$25
Tusk Holdings provides a variety of consulting services. Our archiving consultants build digital archives for individuals, philanthropic organizations, and corporations. Projects vary based on client needs.
The Archive Intern will assist the Archivist/Project Manager with two projects slated for completion in the Fall of 2022.
Project 1: Sending a collection offsite and preparing final spreadsheets, digital files, and metadata for the client’s systems.
Project 2: Building a reference collection of news content published about a client over a two to three year period that illustrates key moments and actions taken.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching tools and techniques for acquiring reference-quality news content
- Building a timeline of key actions, moments, subjects, and themes
- Identifying news content/media that best illustrates the timeline (e.g. articles, videos, photographs, podcasts, etc.)
- Acquiring news content
- Contributing to or editing project progress documents
- Creating high-level metadata
- Labeling and tracking boxes before they are sent offsite
- Conducting quality control checks of digital files and metadata (including metadata remediation)
- Uploading files to digital storage platforms
- Editing collection inventories
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to work on-site in New York
- Enjoys research
- Experience with cataloging and/or metadata
- Strong writing and communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience working in an archive or on an archive project (current students or recent graduates welcome)
- Cover letter
- Flexible, 15-20 hours a week (within a 9am-6pm, M-F work schedule)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com