2015 New York Archives Week
Symposium: Architecture & Archives
Symposium Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Location: Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
Registration is now open for the Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (ART) Symposium: Architecture & Archives. This one-day symposium will be co-sponsored by the Center for Jewish History (CJH). The symposium will focus on presentations and panel discussions, studies, strategies, research and analyses, with the aim of bringing together archivists, industry experts, architects, librarians, museum professionals, professors, scholars, academic researchers and the general public.
Themes may include the following:
· How is the environment of architectural archives changing?
· What are the distinguishing factors that set architectural archives apart from other types of archives?
· What are the biggest challenges architectural archives are facing?
· Current best practices?
· What are some interesting ways that architecture archives are being used?
· Architectural archives for personal use (maps, etc.)
Please click here for a PDF of the Call for Participation.
Please click here to register for this event on the A.R.T. website.
Please click here for the symposium schedule.
Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (A.R.T.)